Tuesday, August 30, 2011

I wrote this yesterday...

So... I’m in London. I’m living in a fairly new apartment building on the border of a really nice area and a not so great area of London. I like to consider the apartment as being in the nicer area of town because it makes me feel better about things. It may not be right in the center of everything, but I think that its a pretty decent distance to most of it, and considering the other options in our budget, it was a pretty good choice. Its actually a pretty big apartment too. Its a duplex with three bedrooms, two and a half bathrooms, fully furnished, new kitchen with all modern appliances including a stove top, oven, big fridge/freezer, dishwasher, and washer/dryer combo machine. There’s also a bus stop right outside the door, a major rail station like two blocks away and a DLR station a four minute walk in the other direction. Another thing that’s good is that there’s a really cute pub down the street that has free wifi, which I’ll definitely be using until I get internet in my apartment.

My parents have been living here with me for the past two weeks, and I am patiently awaiting the arrival of my two roommates, Mariel and Kristin. I just can’t even believe that I’m here. Finally! I have been waiting for this moment for so long, and now its finally here. This may sound a little crazy, but I still don’t think its hit me yet that I’m going to be living here for at least a year. Living here. I’m living in London. I moved to another country, and I’m living in London. This adventure will check off two of my major life goals. One being that I am living in a country other than the United States, and two being that I’m getting a Master’s degree. There’s not much left on my life goals list other than to visit every continent in the world, write a book, get married, and have children. I’m knocking off two major life goals in the matter of one year. That’s one pretty significant year! I am going to remember this for the rest of my life. I am going to share my pictures and stories from this journey with my children and grandchildren someday. This is pretty huge.

The only thing that I’m truly nervous about is letting it slip away too quickly. I have a terrible tendency to stress and worry about everything, and I worry my time away. I don’t want to do that here. I want to enjoy every moment that I have, so that I can remember every little bit. I want it to last because this is once in a lifetime.

2 comments:

  1. We are very proud of you Christina - getting a Master's Degree and living in a new country are two very life-changing and unforgettable experiences. Enjoy every minute and take lots of photos! We can't wait to see you and hear more about it when you are back in town (for Christmas?).

    ReplyDelete
  2. BTW, that was from Bryan although I know Tina (and Jack!) feel the same way.

    ReplyDelete