Wednesday, September 7, 2011

Happy, Happy, Joy, Joy...

Today I had my first official meeting for school, and I can honestly say that I'm so excited to start! I never ever thought I'd ever say that in my whole life, but its true! I really think that its going to be a great experience! Well, I know its going to be a great experience, but I think I'm actually going to enjoy myself as well, which is something that I never use to be able to do while studying in school. I always thought of school as a painful, boring, monotonous experience that I just had to get through in order to survive in the real world, but NOW its something that I actually want to do.

It was such a strange feeling to walk into that classroom today because it was like I stepped into a parallel universe. I was just so happy to be there, where as I would usually associate classrooms with horror and dread. Today, on the other hand, it was like I was another person. I had somewhat of an outer-body experience. I just hope that I am able to keep this type of wide-eyed optimism about it throughout the entire year because it'll definitely make it a lot easier to get through than high school and undergrad was. I mean who knows? After my first day of class I could totally hate it, although that's highly unlikely due to the fact that just learning about the origins of the school today was exciting to me. It actually made me want to take more classes where as the "old" me would've definitely wanted to take as little as possible. I wonder what other things this "new Christina" will be up for... hmmm....

Anyway, I'm excited to find out. It just amazes me how happy I am here overall. I have no idea what it is or why it happened, but I think I'm happy. Yes, of course there are stresses that I get angry or cranky about, but that usually fades pretty quickly. Then I'm just right back to happy. Maybe because its all new and exciting. Maybe its because I'm not on a schedule yet. Maybe its just because I want to be happy. I mean, I don't ever remember not wanting happiness for myself, but it could possibly be that I'm finally in a place (mental place, not physical place) where I can achieve happiness. Well anyway, I don't know what it is, but all I know is that I want it to stay this way. I know nothing is forever, even happiness, but if only it could be.

No comments:

Post a Comment