Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Orangutans, bleeh...

Whenever I start to worry about something, I often lose sleep, get anxious, act irrationally towards others, become slightly ill, and I no longer have an appetite. Its great... no really, its excellent. It happens when I have performances, doctors' appointments, deadlines, and you know, big events such as those. This usually is acceptable for people because big events don't really occur on an everyday basis. They are able to handle losing sleep, getting anxious, acting out, being ill, and not wanting to eat because it doesn't happen so often.  For me, its been happening every single day for the past seven months. What is wrong with me? Really?

I have this doctor's appointment for that health problem, that doctor's appointment for this health problem, I get speeding tickets, supplementary fines for the original speeding ticket (that I didn't even know existed), AAA memberships automatically renewing themselves even though I cancelled it twice already, UK visa appointments here, there and everywhere, I have to call this person about apartments in London and confirming budgets, I have to tell my jobs (that's right, multiple jobs) that I have to quit because I'm leaving the country in six weeks,  have to figure out my health insurance for my multiple prescriptions so that I don't run out while I'm away, I have to help my parents find an apartment in Queens, I have to pack for London, I have to pack for storage, I have to pack for winter, spring, summer, fall, bananas, socks, pencils, orangutans,  bleeh, blah, bluuhh, blek... help me! 

The good news is that some problems are, in fact, solving themselves slowly. So, one would assume that once one issue is resolved, I'd be able to at least sleep a little bit better, right? Yeah, nope. I still can't sleep, and I'm having to take Unisom on a nightly basis in order to keep the dreams about my-teeth-falling-out and mice-coming-out-of-nowhere at bay.

All I know is that my Unisom is starting to kick in, and this whole expat thing better be worth it.

No comments:

Post a Comment